Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Katie's return to 'I'm a Celebrity'

I made no intentions to watch 'I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here' this year. I hadn't seen it properly in a few years, and didn't think it was something I would still enjoy. Though after watching the second episode (I had a cat on my knee and couldn't get up to change the channel) I found myself hooked straight away.

Okay so I knew of two people in the Jungle: Kim Woodburn and Lucy Benjamin. I made up my mind straight away - Lucy to win, Kim to come second, and after that I couldn't care. Though it seemed that my opinion was distorted almost instantly when I discovered that Katie Price was going back into the Jungle...

I can only remember Katie being in the Jungle the first time round in 2004 very vaguely. So for me I was treating this as if it were her first time in the Jungle. Straight away I noticed a lot of mixed views on Twitter being thrown about over Katie's return, and I found myself landing in a few heated debates over the issue too. Though it seemed I was the only one sticking up for Katie when others were shouting off their hateful comments.

One thing people need to realize is that the media can often twist things. I'm not saying Katie is an angel, but there is a great chance that a lot of what she gets up to is blown way out of proportion. I think a lot of Peter Andre fans are sticking by him no matter what, sporting their 'Team Andre' motto whenever possible (including the lovely Ant!). Though is it fair to take sides? Behind closed doors, maybe Peter was not as perfect as people make him out to be. I personally do not think he is a bad person, but you just never know what goes on.

It's clear that the public are rather cruel! I mean, voting Katie to do two Bush-tucker trials in a row is insane. Yet Katie does not complain, and just gets on with the tasks like a good friend would. She's strong minded, and for that I admire her greatly. I have a feeling she is going to do wonderfully in tonight's challenge 'Celebrity in a Bottle' too, but here's hoping there's no water involved. That's just mental torture for her.

I hope Katie goes all the way to the end, and comes out a winner. She deserves happiness. She clearly has a good heart and means well. So what if she likes to let her hair down now and again. We all have different ways of releasing stress and pushing the weight off our shoulders. She's incredibly beautiful and has a big heart behind a chest to match. Katie Price, you're always going to be a winner with me.

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment