Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Eamonn Holmes interview

Q+A with one of Britain's finest presenters!

Me: You studied Journalism at University – what made you decide to go down that route?
Eamonn: I was heavily influenced by the Troubles.

Me: Now you joined GMTV in 1993, is that something you'd ever go back to if need be?
Eamonn: In my business you can never say never - I spent the majority of my working life there. If conditions were right , and the viewers wanted it, who knows?

Me: You've been with Ruth for 12 yeas now, how did you first meet?
Eamonn: On a street corner.

Me: Have you set a date for the wedding?
Eamonn: Still in negotiation - nearly there.

Me: Would you like your own show alongside Ruth, as the next 'Richard and Judy'?
Eamonn: Co-presenting is more difficult than single presentation. Co presenting with your other half could lead you to become single ! Maybe.

Me: You've taken part in various game shows including 'All Star Mr and Mrs,' and 'Ant and Dec's Game Show Marathon' – do you think you'd ever take up an offer for a reality TV show such as 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here' or 'Celebrity Big Brother'?
Eamonn: That's easy - NO ! Just can't see the circumstances in which I would fel the need. Maybe a reality show of some type - but not those ones.

Me: Your autobiography, 'This is My Life' was released in 2006. Would your ever consider writing a part two'?
Eamonn: Might be getting near that time . People tell me they wanted to read more about me growing up in N. Ireland during the Troubles.

Me: You're such a well respected and admired TV Presenter, who was your career inspiration?
Eamonn: All the people who did it well - the famous anchors like Des Lynam and David Frost.

Me: What advice do you have for anybody wanting to get into the TV industry?
Eamonn: My advice would be "Get a real job".But you may just end up being as lucky as me - I haven't worked in 30 years because this is a dream.

Me: And finally, do you have any hopes for the future?
Eamonn: My only hope is that I can stay working until it suits me to retire - and that's a long way off!

Thanks Eamonn!

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment