Saturday, 12 December 2009

Jo Joyner 'interview'

I've been in contact with the lovely Jo Joyner for a good few years now and have received many wonderful replies from the actress. In an attempt to build up my portfolio I requested a snail mail interview with Jo and she granted my wish! I decided not to post the interview online in case it went against Jo's preference, though it came to my attention that she never actually said not to display it online. And having been asked to put it online by a friend as proof of certain information, I decided just to go for it. So Jo my love, if you read this and are not happy - just let me know! ;)

---
Me: You've played Tanya for three years now. When you first joined 'EastEnders' in 2006, did you think Tanya would be such a popular character?
Jo: It is very hard to know how your character is received when you are in the midst of it. But I did think that as a whole family with the girls etc we would be loved.

Me: Tanya's had her share of men on the Square, but who do you think is right for her, if any?
Jo: I think, for better or for worse, Max will always be the one for Tanya. She's a one man woman at the end of the day. I also thin that as a couple they provide the most drama.

Me: On the show you work at Bootys - would you ever like to own your own business if any kind?
Jo: I don't think I'd like to run a business like Bootys - I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing!

Me: How did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant with twins?
Jo: Over the moon. We can't wait to meet them.

Me: Do you have any hopes for the sexes of the babies?
Jo: We just want them to arrive safely and healthy.

Me: Have you been throwing any names around for the babies? Might I suggest Amy for a girl? ;)
Jo: !

Me: When are the babies due?
Jo: The babies are due just before Christmas.

Me: When you return to EastEnders, do you have any hopes for Tanya?
Jo: When I return to EastEnders I'd really like Tanya to be right in the midst of the action as I think she's had quite a year.

Me: Did you have any say in how Tanya exits this year?
Jo: No. We never have any say! I think the writers and storyliners are the best people for the job.

Me: You have a lot of adoring fans! If somebody wants to send you a gift post-birth of the babies, would they be better to do it via EastEnders or your agent?
Jo: I will be on maternity leave for 6 months so I wouldn't send anything as it may not reach me.

Thank you Jo!

She really is a truly wonderful woman! Best of luck to her with the twins (may one be called Amy, boy or girl I don't mind!) and I look forward to seeing Tanya back in May!

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment