Sunday, 13 December 2009

X Factor 2009

There's something highly entertaining about watching the X Factor auditions - it gives you the rights to laugh at all the talentless idiots and gaze in amazement at all the wonders. However this year it was not an enjoyable experience. When I heard the auditions across the country were going to be in front of a live audience, I wasn't best pleased, and as I had expected it felt like I was watching 'Britain's Got Talent', another Cowell franchise. So after just the second week I decide to boycott the X Factor until the live heats - that was when the competition was really going to kick in!

Now I feel there have only been a handful of acts that have stood out this year. In fact, I cannot actually name you all of the contestants that were in the final twelve - just a select few that I've actually cared about. First we have Lucie - a wonderful singer an a woman with a great personality. It was quite upsetting to see her leave, and there was a lot of debate floating around as Simon let the public decide to throw her out against 'Jedward'. Though personally I am a Jedward fan! John and Edward amused me right from the start when I saw their live audition, and although I still cannot tell the different between the two, I have nothing but positivity about them. They are incredibly entertaining and despite what certain people may think, they can actually sing! They're talented an charming, and are sure to go far!

Then we have Lloyd Daniels, Danyl Johnson and Jamie 'Afro' Archer. I cannot deny the fact that the three boys can sing, but there is something about each of them that annoys me somewhat. Lloyd to me seems that bit too much immature for the competition and to be honest is not the greatest of singers, and the other two seem too cocky for their own good. The amount of times Jamie was mentioned on episodes of 'Harry Hill's TV Burp' was laughable (much to my amusement of course). When Danyl, the final of the three, went out on the second last week, I was ecstatic with the acts we had left...

...Stacey Solomon, Olly Murs and Joe McElderry. There has been mixed responses regarding Olly - some say he can dance but not sing, others dislike the dancing, it's all meaningless bicker. On a personal note I adore Olly. He's got great charisma and determination, and is not afraid to show emotion either, which I love. Moving on to Stacey, I don't know where to start. From the moment I saw Stacey's audition, I was mesmerized by her voice. From the word 'go', you could tell she had a heart of gold and an amazing, genuine personality. And as the weeks went on, we saw Stacey blossom into a superstar. Almost straight away I knew I wanted Stacey to win the competition, so when she was voted off in third place, I joined her many fans in a state of devastation. However I do not fear, as I have every belief that only great things will come her way now and she will have a very successful career!

And then we have Joe - our X Factor 2009 winner. As a fellow Geordie, I warmed to his voice straight away, and his gorgeous looks came as an extra! He allowed his personality to shine through week after week without getting cocky, and progressed wonderfully with each song. And the look on his face when Dermot announced the winner - it just shows that he too is genuine and not for one moment actually got above himself and expected to win. He is a talented young lad - is he going to go far? Why aye!

I have to agree with Mr Cowell - this has certainly been one of the closest finals we've had. Which of course the judges had to work extra hard in mentoring their acts. For Louis it was likely just a case of sitting back and enjoying the show since his acts had all been voted off, but for Simon, Cheryl and Dannii, the game was on. They all seem to have their own styles and ways of going about things; Dannii - the friend, Cheryl - the emotional touch, Louis - laid back, and Simon - well, he's just Simon! Their ways all seem to work too, which is always going to be a good thing.

So its onwards and upwards for our X Factor finalists, and indeed our X Factor winner, and it won't be long before the auditions start again and the judges begin touring the country. I'd love to audition, just to meet our lovely judges (though I'd rather interview them given the chance!), but I don't think I'm quite up to the humiliation! May X Factor 2010 bring just as many delights, and best of luck to Joe with his release of 'The Climb'!

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment