Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Interview with Lynda Bellingham

Last April I met one of the kindest people I've ever had the pleasure to be around. Of course, I'm talking about the lovely Lynda Bellingham. She took time out of her busy schedule during the 'Calendar Girls' tour to share all with us...

Me: When did you realise you wanted to follow the route of acting?
Lynda: I wanted to be an actress from the age of thirteen. My first public performance semi-pro was as Puck in a 'Midsummer Night's Dream' at the Pendley Shakespeare Festival at Tring in Hertfordshire.

Me: You are a much loved panelist on 'Loose Women' - what do you like best about working on the show?
Lynda: I love the friendship of the other girls and meeting all the guests.

Me: Which fellow panelists are you closest to?
Lynda: Jane McDonald. Carol McGiffin.

Me: You were a delight on 'Strictly Come Dancing'; do you still keep up with the dancing?
Lynda: No, I am ashamed to say I have had no time. But it has helped me when I go to Charity Balls etc because lots of people ask me to dance!

Me: You met your 'Mr Spain' in Spain, do you ever go back to where it all began?
Lynda: We go to Spain whenever we can because we have a villa there. I love it.

Me: This is your second time touring with 'Calendar Girls'. Would you say it is easier this time round as far as 'getting your kit off' is concerned?
Lynda: Yes in a way. I have been helping the other actresses to not feel nervous.

Me: I'd imagine they're very glad to have you around then! You've done a mix of television, film and Theatre, but which would you say you prefer?
Lynda: I love Theatre because it is live - by that makes it more scary. Film is the most fun.

Me: What advice would you give to all the budding actors out there?
Lynda: Keep going at all costs. If you don't believe in yourself you will not survive the knocks. And there are lots of those.

Me: Wise words! And finally, what are your hopes for the future?
Lynda: To keep working and I want to write more books. My autobiography is coming out February 22nd, called 'Lost and Found'.

Well I am certainly looking forward to that! Thank you, Lynda!

Amy x


(Lynda is currently touring the UK with 'Calendar Girls')

No comments:

Post a Comment