Saturday, 1 January 2011

And so 2011 begins...

Here we are, my first blog post of 2011. More precisely, it's 1/1/11, which is pretty special! It's so cliche to say that the previous year has flown by, but it seems like only yesterday that I was reading Hattie Crisell's blog post regarding the debate focusing on how we were all to pronounce 2010. It would seem that the majority of us settled for 'twenty ten', and now we have traveled into 'twenty eleven'.

I've got to say, sitting from the comfort of my living room, the fireworks display looked spectacular. What I'd give to be down in London next New Year! I can imagine it has a pretty hefty price tag to it though, which I'm fairly sure we cannot really afford! Nonetheless, it was a wonderful way to see in 2011. And then it was time for bed.

With every new year, we are given the chance to start afresh. I've no idea why we're 'not allowed' to turn over a new leaf in the middle of July, but never mind! So have I set any resolutions? Well, yes and no. My first resolution was to keep any resolutions that I decide to make. I've an incapability of sticking to plans I set for the upcoming months. However, this year, I will keep them. Or at the very least, I can try! I aim to get fitter, to 'shape up' to the extreme. Daily long walks. Eat less, move more. Simple, right? Well, we'll see!

The one thing I love most about a brand new year, is a brand new calendar (or two!). I'll be straight, I've never had a calendar that I've adored as much as my 2007 Billie Piper one, and the David Tennant one that I hung aside it. There has yet to be another Piper calendar released, official or otherwise, however I'm now on my third Tennant calendar! Last year I was the proud owner of a David Tennant calendar and a Cheryl Cole one. This year, I am the proud owner of...a David Tennant calendar and a Cheryl Cole one. Yep. That's how adventurous I am. (Ooh, and a Matt Smith slim diary, so that's perfection!).

We've been in this year for just over ten hours, and so far, so good. Let's hope it carries on this way with a better climate, both financial and atmospheric! 2010 was a big year for the media, for occasions and celebrations, and 2011 may just be even bigger. We've twelve months of this year left, so let's enjoy it!

Happy New Year!

Amy x

Accompanying video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDoqm0Tncs

No comments:

Post a Comment