Friday, 11 November 2011

ManFest 2011!

Having booked the tickets several months back, I'd been counting down to the 9th November, the very day when I'd get to see, for the first time, Jason Manford live. Some two and a half years ago, I fell in love with stand up comedy. Now I'm one of the most unfunny people you'll ever meet, but I know what I like from a comedian, and Jason Manford became an instant favourite. Years after adoring his work, I've finally had the chance to meet him!

Before the gig, I was lucky enough to be one of the first people in the queue in WHSmith to see him at his Brung Up Proper book signing (brilliant book - I bought four copies - you must read it!). Well, that was just sensational! An hour and a half after that, and I was seated comfortably in the Metro Radio Arena, the stage not too far away, Jason spotlighted and in his element.

The only comedians I'd seen live prior were Caroline Rhea and Costaki Economopoulos, but having watched Manford on TV for years, I knew pretty much how this was going to go. However, I'd just like to say that it's so much more exciting when you're in the room; the atmosphere is sensational! If you ever get a chance to see him live, to take up that offer!

ManFest 2011 was absolutely perfect; it couldn't have run more smoothly. Jason was a delight at his book signing, utterly hilariously at his gig, and an utter peach to be in the presence of! I'll certainly treasure that day forever.

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment