Friday, 1 November 2013

I've been sketched! - 'Amy McLean' by Joel Hoe

I'd like to share something with you today that took my breath away...

One of my lovely Twitter followers Joel Hoe (@JoelHoe) send me a link to a photo of one of his latest portraits. With curiosity I clicked the link, and what did I find?

Me!

I'm absolutely blown away by the artist's talents. There's such an accuracy here; I'd certainly recognise myself had I not known it was me! I'll add the original image on which its based with this so you can see the comparison.

I'd like to thank the artist for this kind portrait. My great hero Lord Byron was rather particular about his portraits, wishing for them to show him in the best light, and I do expect that, if he was me, he'd fully approve of this one.

Plus, it's always worth establishing that I look better in pencil than I do in real life.

Amy x