Saturday, 21 December 2013

Helena Bonham Carter for SUFFRAGETTE (2014)?

Sometimes in life, the things we dream about really do come true.

Yes, I'm referring to the upcoming Film4 (et al) film Suffragette, due to be released in 2014. Okay, so, as a feminist, I'm naturally going to be excited about any new projects that look at the feminist movement. So what makes this so special?

Three words: Helena Bonham Carter


I know, I couldn't believe it either. There's currently not a great deal of information on IMDb concerning roles - I'm sure this'll come into light when production begins next year, but I'm secretly hoping Carey Mulligan's character, listed as Maud, is my favourite of favourite early twentieth-century feminists! - so I can't be sure that Ms Bonham Carter will be playing any of the feminist roles; perhaps her character will be part of the problem and not the solution, but I have my fingers tightly crossed that this isn't the case!

Regardless of her position, however, I'm thoroughly over the moon with this news, and cannot wait to discover more. Suffragette will be directed by Sarah Gavron and written by Abi Morgan.

I'll make sure I post about any information that I discover regarding the film, but for now, since there are currently no official pictures for Suffragette, here's my latest favourite photo of Helena!

Amy x