Tuesday, 10 June 2014

The Search for Bellatrix's Necklace Is Over!

It may have taken me two years, but I've finally found the perfect replica for Bellatrix Lestrange's necklace!

Now I'll be honest, when I discovered that the actual necklace worn by Helena Bonham Carter (below) was provided by Crazy Pig Designs, and that I could buy one from the company for £200, I was all set to start saving every penny that I could find.


Was this because I absolutely had to have one from the same company?

No. It's because I couldn't find a decent enough replica anywhere. However, as much as I would love an actual 'replica' from the same company, even I have to admit that it's a lot of money to spend on a necklace that, let's be honest, I'd be too scared to wear outside in case I lost it.

I'd searched everywhere for a cheap lookalike, anything that remotely resembled the one worn by HBC in the Harry Potter films. Just when I was about to give up, my attention was brought to what has now become one of my favourite eBay shops. You can click here to check out Muggle Market, from whom I bought the following two necklaces:

(Wrist tattoo not included!)

I can't believe how beautiful that bird skull is. Okay so I'm not going to pretend it's exactly the same as Bellatrix's, but I'm sure you'll agree that they're strikingly similar:

(Left: me. Right: Ms Bonham Carter!)
I cannot quite believe how perfect it looks. It's the only one I've ever seen where the eyes aren't too narrow or too squished, or where the beak isn't too long and pointed. The shape and size are both spot on, and the black chain that came with it is wonderful too.

Now for the best part: the bird skull necklace cost just £10.50. I know, it's incredible! Sure, I'd love the official one from Crazy Pig Designs, but I'm more than happy enough for the mean time with this beautiful option.

I also have nothing but praise for the Dark Mark/Nagini necklace too, which I purchased for £6.50 in the same order. This one was just as exciting as I'd been desperate for a Dark Mark necklace for several months now, but only ever seemed to find either really expensive ones or really tacky non-Dark Mark snakes. This one is exactly what I wanted - I couldn't be happier!

You can either visit the links above or head to http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/potter1anna for the full range of Harry Potter items (and more) the store has to offer. I have my eye on a few other things from there too, but I'm trying to be good! We'll see how that goes...

If you're looking for a replica of Bellatrix's necklace - and, let's face it, who wouldn't want to wear a bird skull? - then I definitely recommend you take a look at this one. It's well made, perfect in size, and is pretty inexpensive. I think it's safe to say that it's definitely been worth holding out for two years to find one in which I can find no flaws.


Amy x

Wearing the necklace!

1 comment:

  1. Sue de-Rozarieux21 June 2014 at 02:14

    Happy for you, I know what its like to covet something! :-)

    ReplyDelete