Sunday, 16 August 2015

Visiting Paris and Disneyland

Bonjour!

Okay, so that's pretty much the extent of my French (I did learn that 'sortie' means exit though - very helpful to know!) so the rest of this will be written in English to save myself from embarrassment.

I've had a few comments and questions concerning a Paris vlog, but I'm afraid I didn't actually record one. Of course, I had considered it - I wanted to capture as much of my first trip abroad as I could - but in the end I decided to observe Paris for the first time through my own eyes instead of the screen of my camcorder. However, being a prolific snapper of photographs, I did take an awful lot of images. I hope sharing some of these with you makes up somewhat for the lack of video footage!

So we'll start with the iconic landmarks...

Arc de Triomphe

Eiffel Tower (It's definitely larger than I expected!) 

Notre Dame 

And then the Catacombs. We queued for four hours on a very hot day to
get inside, but I do believe it was entirely worth it! 




And then it's time for Disneyland! Finally, after twenty three years of living, I finally made it to a Disney theme park! We went on four rides (well, four and a labyrinth!): Space Mountain Mission 2, Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice's Curious Labyrinth, and Phantom Manor. Despite the heat, it was such a wonderful day, and I cannot wait to visit the rest!

Cinderella's castle (it looks just like the toy one I had as a child!)*

The park

Alice's Curious Labyrinth


The top of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride

The parade




I would definitely go back to France at the first opportunity that comes my way. Paris is very beautiful (and they have Starbucks, which is an added bonus). I'd probably use it as a central point though as there are quite a few other French cities I'd love to visit. Maybe one day, but until then...

Amy x

* Here it is!




No comments:

Post a Comment