Sunday, 27 March 2016

My First Visit to Dublin - Easter 2016

Having vlogged my recent - and first - visit to Dublin for the hundred-year anniversary of the 1916 Easter Uprising, I thought I'd drop a few photos here that I took along the way. I think I nearly killed my camera, having kept it in my hand throughout the entire day (and what a long day it was!), but I've narrowed down a few favourites to share with you!

Trinity College Dublin

The very pretty Molly Malone! 

Bullet holes visible on the pillars of the GPO 

A rather dapper looking James Joyce! 

Standing near the front of the march through Dublin's streets 

A rather awkward-looking selfie... but I'm outside the Abbey Theatre! Yes, the very place where Maud Gonne first brought Cathleen nĂ­ Houlihan to life! 

Parnell 

And finally, another awkward selfie. But look at how pretty my souvenir t-shirt is! 

Dublin was beautiful; I'll definitely be back!*

Amy x

*And my first stop will be Glasnevin Cemetery to pay Maud Gonne a visit!

You can find my Dublin vlogs on my channel here.

No comments:

Post a Comment